Important information before the hike
REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED
The online registration will be closed on the 13th of July, 17.00. After that, new participants will be able to register only during the advance claim of participant packages or in the starting zone on the day of the hike. The number of participants is limited.
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
Every participant, successfully registered to the Neman loops trek’18 with Gjensidige, will find their successful registration email in their email inbox, an example can be found below. However, this is not your registration confirmation, this can be found by clicking the link to Confirmation of registration PDF, example can be found below.
EDITING YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The participant registration self-management system will be closed together with the online registration on the 13th of July, 17.00. Participants, wanting to change their participant information after the deadline, will be able to do so during the advance claim of participant packages or in the starting zone on the day of the hike.
CLAIMING YOUR PARTICIPANT PACKAGE
On the day of the hike, the participant packages will be given out 15 minutes prior to the starting time of your route. Advance participant pack claim will take place on the 13th of July (Friday) 17.00-22.00 in the tourism information office of Birštonas at the address: B. Sruogos g. 4, Birštonas.
START AND FINISH TIMES
15 km start 11.00–13.00 // finish 13.30–18.00
25 km start 8.00–11.00 // finish 12.00–18.00
25 km* start 11.00–13.00 // finish 15.00–23.00
45 km start 10.00–12.00 // finish 16.30–00.30
70 km start 7.00–9.00 // finish 17.30–5.00
* 25 km Tourist route
For your comfort, we have prepared an interactive map with all the recommended and designated event parking areas. You will also get to see the most important route areas: road crossings, rest and assistance stops and famous sites. The Arrival section holds useful information for both drivers and participants using mass public transportation. We kindly remind you to take notice of the road traffic rules and to avoid parking at the Prienai city centre at all costs.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE HIKE?
All participants must have:
- Confirmation of registration PDF. Both printed out and e. versions will be accepted. Please note, that the successful registration email and the registration confirmation are not the same thing.
- Mobile phone. Remember to fully charge your phone. If available, take your powerbank with you.
- Extra clothes. Warm and especially water-proof and wind-proof clothing, made to be worn in the evening or in colder weather.
- Personal first aid kits. Sunscreen, bandages, vaseline and other personal medicaments.
The hikers of 45 and 70 km are also required to have additionally:
- Flashlight. A mounted or a hand-held flashlight is a must, as a part of the route will be hiked in the dark and the route will be marked with light reflecting materials.
- Light reflector. It’s a crucial personal safety gadget. The insurance experts from Gjensidige have taken care of all hikers, thus reflector strips are included in all participant packs.
DISCOUNTED REGISTRATIONS, MINORS IN THE HIKE
- Participants with discounted registrations will be required to show a document upon claiming the participant pack, that proves their eligibility for the discount.
- Participants below the age of 16, can only participate together with their parents, trainers or other responsible adults.
- Participants from 16 to 18 years of age, participating without their parents or responsible adults, must provide a written agreement during registration on the day of the event.